You can create rules for filtering your emails. Adding a filter allows you to perform actions such as automatically labeling, filing into a folder or archiving.
- Go to: Settings > Filters and blocked addresses
- Click on Add custom filter
- Enter a name
- Enter your search criteria:
- Select first condition (if the sender or if the subject)
- Select second condition
- Add text or pattern
- Select the action which will be applied: move to a folder and/or mark as read and/or mark as starred
- Click on Submit
Your filter has been created. Note that your filter will only be applied for new incoming email and is not retroactive.
You can update or delete a rule/filter by clicking on the Edit or Delete icons beside each rule.