We consider the security of our systems and the accuracy of the content on our blog a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
Our responsible disclosure policy is not an invitation to actively scan our business network to discover weak points. We monitor our business network ourselves. This means that there is a high chance that a scan will be detected and that an investigation will be performed by our Security Operation Center (SOC).
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems, therefore we have developed a responsible disclosure policy.
This policy applies to the following systems and services:
mail (“the web app”)
Our desktop and mobile apps
Any system or service not listed above may not qualify for our bounty program, at our discretion.
To report a security issue to our team:
- Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands,
- Do not test on accounts you do not own or take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered; for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people’s data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible.
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and CTemplar until we’ve had 90 days to resolve the issue. We will work with you on a disclosure plan if desired.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within a maximum of 2 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name or desired handle as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we appreciate all contributions to make our platform more secure.
PGP Key: Download
We thank the following people for their contributions:
(No contributors yet. Found an issue? Report it to us!)